Image Map

Monday, October 24, 2011

Turnip Greens

In Italian cooking- everything is used. Not just the turnips but the turnip greens will be savored. And it's pretty common to see any edible green leafy weed, overgrowth, or top of a veggie in simply sauteed off thrown into a delicious pasta. I followed in the footsteps of the Italians here and took the farms pretty turnip greens and made a tagliatelle pasta. It's incredibly simple, but maybe the best recipe yet.


As the growing season slows to a halt at the farm, Flavor of the Week has been given just one more ingredient- Tomatillos. I've had two ideas and am battling with either Tomatillo Tortilla Soup or Green Tomato Chutney paired with a spicy Indian dish- but I'm polling the people! If you'd rather see one or the other, shoot me an email and let me know which one tickles your fancy more and that will determine the final edition!

0 comments:

Post a Comment